Poetry, other writings ,pictures, and various other things that come upon me...

50,000 Shoes

The 50,000 Pairs in 50 Days Challenge

Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Beginnings of a Tale

In my case and in my many years of living I have never met such a person in this land that I can now no longer leave.It is sad to be isolated from those that should know that we exist. My instinct is telling me that I am heading down the unknown and forever looming Rabbit Trail, which of course is not the way that I want to go.
Kleniv, the founder of this group of us- us, what I mean is we that are still left from that great war- we have named our group US. A bland, but true name for we are the only survivors, there are only 5 of us left from that dreadful day. You may wonder why I tell you this, but it is of the strictest confidence that I even let you know for Kleniv's name remains secret all but to the 5 of US. No one even knows that he is alive for if the humans found out there would surely be another battle that would result in Kleniv's death and in the death of the rest of US.
All right now that my mind is cleared from that distraction I must tell you of the gory war of long ago. Although, the others gathered here have been waiting for a long while too I will speak aloud so that they may here the tale that they have been so patiently waiting to hear. hmm!hmm!....Alright now I will begin." You have been waiting a long time and patiently too my young ones, I will begin the tale that you have been waiting to hear. It all began on a day much like this one except that it was the time of slumber, and all was silent. Now our alliances with other species such as yourselves did not usually post guards at night or during the day for we are peaceful creatures and had never before that very day had need to fight. Yes, you are right though we did train in the skills of battle, but we had never need to use those skills. The priests in the schoonel clan of Monkeys though, told of danger that would come about on that day which was coolie day (know to the humans as Wednesday)so each of our alliances posted guards and scouts in every inch of the forest while we posted guards in the sky......

6 comments:

Imagination said...

hello everybody, did you see??

I have written more of The Beginnings of a Tale.

I hope that you like it...

Dark Ravyn said...

wow, u seriously hav a crazy kool story!!!!

Imagination said...

thank you. I am glad that you like it.

GnNLeidenfrost said...

Wow...a wonderful lead in to what appears to be a very exciting story. I am hooked! Unfortunately I could not get to the second part. Can you please repost it?

Write some MORE!!!

This Is Hip. said...

bekha u r the best writer i have ever been related to

Imagination said...

Wait...
Ike that did not make sense...
what do you mean.
And yes I am not really that good of a writer but I guess that I aspire to be one.