Poetry, other writings ,pictures, and various other things that come upon me...

50,000 Shoes

The 50,000 Pairs in 50 Days Challenge

Sunday, March 2, 2008

The Subject

This post is for the poll.
So that you can talk about which one you like the best, if you want to, or ask others
which one they think they like the best, if you can't make up your mind.
But I think that you should be able to, I'm not that good.
I will try to extend the poll so that it can go longer, also I made the poll so that you can choose more than one answer when voting. When it ends which I will try to make the end of this month, I will choose the one with the most votes, so please vote so I can choose. The contest is actually something that I got through an email. Here are some pointers that the Editors gave- When Reviewing Poetry . . .-:

* Establish a specific writing style (i.e. rhymed verse, blank verse, etc.)
* Use vivid imagery and be descriptive throughout the poem
* Use poetic elements
(i.e. metaphor, simile, tone, emotions, etc.)

* Avoid using clichés
* Be original

So I hope that will help you if you need some help if you can't form a decisive opinion by yourself, which is me most of the time.






Ok here is a change of pace, what if I submitted it to a magazine, what do you think of that instead? It might get into the magazine, but it might not. Although, it is still the same with the contest thing. Feed back, what do you think? Should I do that instead? One more thing the magazine has contests too. Poetry, fiction, nonfiction...
All sorts of genre.

One more thing does any one have any more ideas for a title for my story, I might submit that too. But you have to have a title for the manuscript.

8 comments:

Imagination said...

if you think that you might need more days than are given, let me know. I will make it longer if you want me too.

Ladywillowgrey Ancalimon said...

I VOTED! I VOTED! It was herd to chouse them because ALL of your poems so wonderful! ^-^ Good luck on the contest! I'M ROUTING FOR YOU! GO GO GO!!!!!! lol

Auberne' Ancalimon

Imagination said...

who knows I might not do the contest..
But who knows.

Imagination said...

I am thinking that maybe even this will help me decide which poems ppl. like the best so that when I eventually put I book together I will know which ones to do.
My dad said that one day when I have written a ton of poems that I can make a blurb book, but that is prob. still a long way off. :)

Benjamin said...

u r good at writing, u should enter the contest

Imagination said...

thanks. What do you think about a magazine submission instead?
Or I could do both?
what do ya'll think?

Imagination said...

NOTICE:

KEEP VOTING!!!!!PLEASE!!!
I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE A DEFINITE CHOICE!!!!

Ladywillowgrey Ancalimon said...

Both ideas would be good. I think a magazine submission is a great thought! ^-^

Auberne' Ancalimon @-`---