Poetry, other writings ,pictures, and various other things that come upon me...

50,000 Shoes

The 50,000 Pairs in 50 Days Challenge

Friday, May 9, 2008

Verse of the Day

This is something that I have been wanting to do, but have not had the time. But when I discovered that you could write a post and then set the publish date and time, for another day and another time, I said yes I can finally do this. Because I don't get on the computer everyday, or when I do I may not have enough time to take time to write a post unless it is during lunch so without further adieu I will explain what this post series will contain.
This so-called "post series" that I am going to do will be a scripture verse a day, something that I got from that verse, maybe a quote from a famous person, maybe even a short poem- by others, once in awhile by me. Then the comments will be left open for you of course... To say whatever your little heart desires about what the post contained, but you already know that so.... Good Night and Good Luck.

Verse: Genesis 12:1-7 NIV
The Call of Abram

1 The Lord had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's
household and go to the land I will show you.
2 "I will make you into a great nation
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.
3 I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you."

4 So Abram left, as the Lord had told him;
and lot went with him. Abram was seventy-
five years old when he set out from Haran.
5 He took his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot, all the possessions they had accumulated
and the people they had acquired in Haran, and they set out for the land of Canaan, and they
arrived there.
6 Abram traveled through the land as far as
the site of the great tree of Moreh at Shechem.
At that time the Canaanites were in the land.
7 The Lord appeared to Abram and said
"To your offspring I will give this land."
So he built an altar there to the Lord, who had appeared to him.


Comment:
What catches me most about this passage was when God asked Abram to leave his home, where he had grown up, the only place he had known his whole life so far. And Abram did without arguing or asking why me God?, or staying at home for awhile longer and than finally going. He said YES! and packed up right away, and left.
Another point is when The Lord appears to Abram and says that he is going to give "this land" to his offspring.
Abram did not sit around asking why, but rather he praises God right away.
Yes, we would praise too, but how many of you think that you would sit around awhile thinking about that,
asking ridiculous questions, and then upon finding the answer praise Him? (and btw you don't have to answer that)
Another thing, how many of us would do what Abram did when God asked him to leave the only place he knew.
Imagine yourself in that situation, would you just pack up with no questions asked and leave right away?
Knowing myself I would probably sadly have to say no, I would probably ask a few questions if not lots and then pack up and go.



Quote of the Day:

"If you would not be forgotten
As soon as you are dead and rotten,
Either write things worthy reading,
Or do things worth the writing."
Benjamin Franklin


Poetry/Prose:
Since I have none from you yet, I shall do a new one, by: myself...

The Simplicities
surround me,
Little birds swift this way and that,
And their song fills the outer air,
Adding to the music already made
By a voice.

There is a lone flower,
And orange, but read beauty
Growing in a planter box.
A bee flies landing on an upward purple
Flower, spreading and collection pollen.

A lone little bird perches on a little branch
Imagining that it is the king or queen
Of a giant tree,
Way up in the sky.

The birds fly from the plant's small but
sustainable refuge, to the roof of a building.
A meeting place I suspect, they spread out
All over the air,
To one place than the next.
To a tall fern like plant they fly wafting and fluttering
All over,
Painting a simple, yet complicated work of art.
The simplicities catch my eye-
And fill my senses,
Capturing my whole being...


_______________________________________________________________________
Till next time...
Imagination :)

2 comments:

Ladywillowgrey Ancalimon said...

Awesome post! Yea, I don't think I could just pack up and leave my home it God asked me. I probably have lots of questions to. ;) And I love your new poem!!! Great job!

Aubenre' Ancalimon @-`---

Imagination said...

thanks I still have to do one for today.